Tui na (Chinese Medical Massage)
Tui na (pronounced "twee nah") has been used extensively in China for over 2000 years and dates back to 1700 B.C. Tui na is a series of pressing, tapping and kneading techniques used to remove blockages along the acupuncture meridians. It stimulates the flow of Qi and blood to promote healing and loosen tight muscles.
Stacy combines his Tui na skills with his extensive knowledge of Western massage techniques. Stacy has trained in Neuromuscular Therapy with Judith DeLanay, Myofascial and Structural training with Michael Shea, John Latz and Erik Dalton. He also studied neuromuscular re-education techniques with Stuart Taws.
Massage can be an essential part of getting out of pain and back into health. The benefits of massage have been extensively documented to be an important part of the wellness process.
Massage Therapy Reviews
The best massage in town!
The orthopedic and myofascial work Stacy does is amazing! I’ve seen him for back pain, sciatic pain and shoulder pain. All are gone now thanks to Stacy.
I’ve been to a lot of expensive spas and holistic retreats and get body work all over the world. Stacy is by far the best therapist I’ve seen. He was able to get me out of Back pain when no one else could.
If you have never had myofascial work then you are completely missing out. Stacy’s massage work is so completely different than anything I’ve ever had. It feels very deep without being painful. And you can feel the muscles and tissue elongate as he is working on you. It is such a great feeling.
Never been so relaxed! Stacy's massages are better than anything else I've ever done for stress!
Stacy is really great at assessing your problem areas and working them so you are out of pain. He does a great follow up with rehabilitative stretches for you to do at home. He is extremely profession, compassionate and he knows how to get you out of pain.
My Neck hasn’t felt this good in 4 years! I’ve gone to a PT, a Chiropractor, other local massage therapist and even an orthopedist with no real relief. After one session with Stacy I feel so much better!
- "I've had IBS my entire life. ... I didn't really have much faith that he could help,
because I had seen acupuncturist for IBS in the past (both local and out of state) and had no real luck.
Wow was I wrong! After 4 acupuncture treatments my symptoms are gone!"
- "I was experiencing low back and hip pain. ... I really didn't want to start down the path to surgery. I decided to try acupuncture. Stacy is awesome! I went to see him once. Both my pain and my limp went away after my first session. I've been
pain free ever since."
- "After two acupuncture treatments with Stacy, I no longer wake up at night and feel like someone has sprayed me down with a water hose.
Also all the problems I had with hot flashes during the day causing me to be embarrassed because I would start randomly sweating for no reason.
- "After the birth of my first child, I could never shake feeling really fatigued. ... I really started to struggle to find joy in my life. It just seemed that my fatigue and mood kept getting worse. A friend recommended Stacy to me. After several treatments I'm starting to feel like my old self. I have so much more energy and my mood has improved exponentially! It's so amazing to feel the zest of life again!" --LK
- "Over the past year a combination of work stress and family tragedy has left me finding myself to be really anxious and to constantly worry. I... Stacy has a really great way of listening and is a very compassionate person. ... After a few treatments and an herbal formula, my mind seems more calm, I don't seem to worry as much, and my job stress doesn't bother me as much. I feel more at peace." --TY
- "I started receiving Acupuncture from Stacy Hewitt at Acupuncture Health Company in January after having had the flu. My IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) was really giving me a hard time, probably due to the antibiotics I had to take, and my general state of health. Stacy gave me several treatments. After the first one I had relief and even more with each consecutive treatment." --Sharon
- "I’m a bargain shopper at heart. When I was diagnosed with IBS, I called around trying to find the best deal on acupuncture. ..Stacy was very knowledgeable, but I went with another acupuncturist because they were cheaper…. That was a mistake…. After 8 sessions with the cheaper acupuncturist I had no relief…. Because Stacy was so highly recommend and my stomach was so painful, I went back to Stacy to give acupuncture one last try. 4 sessions later I felt great…… I learned Value really is getting quality health care, not the cheapest price " --F.S.
- "Our 7 year old son was diagnoses with c-dif. He was experiencing constant diarrhea, extreme bloating and abdominal pain… After three additional rounds of antibiotics and that doctor wanting to do a fourth, we said enough. We had heard Stacy specialized in digestive issues and also worked in pediatrics… On the first visit Stacy gave us an herbal formula to give to our son…A week later our sons stool sample came back pathogen free…. Just simply amazing!" --Marry H
- "I suffered from hip bursitis for over a year and, despite p.t. and prescribed exercises, the bursitis continued to interfere with my life. Four acupuncture treatments with Stacy has me back on track and out of pain!"
- "Sleep. Life is miserable without sleep. .... Over the past few years my job has become very stressful. I started having problems sleeping. I tried everything. Chiropractic, massage, western medicine, pills. ... [Stacy] was very informative and professional. ... It took a few treatments, but they were worth every penny. Now I sleep like a baby in a crib. Currently, I like to see him once a month to help with my job stress. Acupuncture has really been a great benefit!" -- BD