CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is an extremely relaxing, light touch therapy with profound effects. It releases tension deep in the fascia of the body; relieves pain and motor dysfunction; as well as improve whole body performance. The craniosacral system is comprised of not only the skull, spine and sacrum, but also the tissues and fluids that surround these structures. The health and structural balance of the craniosacral system has a direct impact on the central nervous system. Frequently when there is an imbalance in the craniosacral system the central nervous system is not perfoming optimally - which in turn affects the performance of our entire body. Stress, injury, and emotional trauma can have a huge impact on the craniosacral system as well as the central nervous system.
Craniosacral Therapy releases restrictions caused by stress, injury or trauma; rebalances the craniosacral system and allows the entire body to self-correct. Using a gentle touch, the practitioner applies light pressure to a patient's skull, face, spine, torso and pelvis to release any restrictions found in the body. By freeing the craniosacral system to perform optimally, CST naturally eliminates pain and stress, strengthens the body's resistance to disease, and enhances health and well-being. Often patients with recalcitrant pain, that is non-responsive to deeper work, find relief with CST.
Normally a CST session is done with the patient fully clothed. It can be a stand-alone therapy but is often integrated with acupuncture to create powerful effects. Because it is so gentle, it can be effective for all ages from newborn to the elderly.
Many patients find CST to be extremely effective for migraines, stress, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. In addition to these, CST commonly addresses:
- Brain fog or lack of mental clarity
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Tension-related disorders
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- TMJ Syndrome
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
CranioSacral Therapy Reviews
I’m a highly stressed out person. I’ve tried a lot of different types of relaxation based therapies and this is the only therapy where I can get completely relaxed. This stuff is awesome!
I have fibromyalgia. My pain seems to spike when I’m very anxious or stressed. Craniosacral work seems to help keep everything under control.
I had a terribly low immune system and had a lot of fatigue for the past two years. I’ve worked with Stacy doing a combo of crano-sacral, acupuncture and herbs. After 8 sessions my immune system is so much better and my fatigue is almost gone. What a life changer.
I've had 4 sessions of this and it has really helped my Sleep and TMJ!
- "I've had IBS my entire life. ... I didn't really have much faith that he could help,
because I had seen acupuncturist for IBS in the past (both local and out of state) and had no real luck.
Wow was I wrong! After 4 acupuncture treatments my symptoms are gone!"
- "I was experiencing low back and hip pain. ... I really didn't want to start down the path to surgery. I decided to try acupuncture. Stacy is awesome! I went to see him once. Both my pain and my limp went away after my first session. I've been
pain free ever since."
- "After two acupuncture treatments with Stacy, I no longer wake up at night and feel like someone has sprayed me down with a water hose.
Also all the problems I had with hot flashes during the day causing me to be embarrassed because I would start randomly sweating for no reason.
- "After the birth of my first child, I could never shake feeling really fatigued. ... I really started to struggle to find joy in my life. It just seemed that my fatigue and mood kept getting worse. A friend recommended Stacy to me. After several treatments I'm starting to feel like my old self. I have so much more energy and my mood has improved exponentially! It's so amazing to feel the zest of life again!" --LK
- "Over the past year a combination of work stress and family tragedy has left me finding myself to be really anxious and to constantly worry. I... Stacy has a really great way of listening and is a very compassionate person. ... After a few treatments and an herbal formula, my mind seems more calm, I don't seem to worry as much, and my job stress doesn't bother me as much. I feel more at peace." --TY
- "I started receiving Acupuncture from Stacy Hewitt at Acupuncture Health Company in January after having had the flu. My IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) was really giving me a hard time, probably due to the antibiotics I had to take, and my general state of health. Stacy gave me several treatments. After the first one I had relief and even more with each consecutive treatment." --Sharon
- "I’m a bargain shopper at heart. When I was diagnosed with IBS, I called around trying to find the best deal on acupuncture. ..Stacy was very knowledgeable, but I went with another acupuncturist because they were cheaper…. That was a mistake…. After 8 sessions with the cheaper acupuncturist I had no relief…. Because Stacy was so highly recommend and my stomach was so painful, I went back to Stacy to give acupuncture one last try. 4 sessions later I felt great…… I learned Value really is getting quality health care, not the cheapest price " --F.S.
- "Our 7 year old son was diagnoses with c-dif. He was experiencing constant diarrhea, extreme bloating and abdominal pain… After three additional rounds of antibiotics and that doctor wanting to do a fourth, we said enough. We had heard Stacy specialized in digestive issues and also worked in pediatrics… On the first visit Stacy gave us an herbal formula to give to our son…A week later our sons stool sample came back pathogen free…. Just simply amazing!" --Marry H
- "I suffered from hip bursitis for over a year and, despite p.t. and prescribed exercises, the bursitis continued to interfere with my life. Four acupuncture treatments with Stacy has me back on track and out of pain!"
- "Sleep. Life is miserable without sleep. .... Over the past few years my job has become very stressful. I started having problems sleeping. I tried everything. Chiropractic, massage, western medicine, pills. ... [Stacy] was very informative and professional. ... It took a few treatments, but they were worth every penny. Now I sleep like a baby in a crib. Currently, I like to see him once a month to help with my job stress. Acupuncture has really been a great benefit!" -- BD